Canon is about to launch super small DSLR. Implications for next Oly E?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Philly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?
Re: Uh ... it's a rumor ....
In reply to mpeman, Mar 19, 2013

veroman wrote:

... not a certainty. Why suggest otherwise? Besides, if it's the same 18MP sensor in the 7D/60D/t4i, I think it stinks.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

Well, here's another mention:

http://www.sansmirror.com/newsviews/dancing-with-elephants.html

Some rumors are more certain than others--like the rumor that the next E will be launched this year. I thought most people on this board follow the camera gear market more closely than I do, and would have a sense of how reliable this rumor is.

I think it will probably have the same 18MP sensor as on 7D/60D/t4i. So any market interest on this camera will be primarily driven by its form factor (and price point).

Um. Did you notice how Thom has it listed as a mirrorless camera? This means an electronic viewfinder...not an optical one. This camera is closer to the OM-D than anything else. Plus, when you consider that other manufacturers have made smaller cameras with optical viewfinders, it would appear that Canon is a little bit late to this party. I believe they will be stealing customers from themselves.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Kevin
--

Uh...I think you need to re-read Thom's article.  He stated that Canon is "bracketing" mirrorless with the EOS-M mirrorless and the EOS-b DSLR.  Here's a snip from Thom's article:  "the EOS B looks mighty competitive with a lot of the mirrorless players, yet retains the phase detect autofocus and optical view of the DSLRs"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow