ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AllOtherNamesTaken
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458
Like?
Can someone confirm my aRGB -> sRGB workflow please
Mar 19, 2013

Thanks!

I do have an understanding of the color spaces, I am more worried about ruining my workflow unintentionally while saving and/or switching programs. I am wondering if maybe I shouldn't just always shoot sRGB.

Or I guess another way to ask that question, since I only ever deal with JPEG as the end product (that is what I send to printers, and that is what I post online), should I just shoot in sRGB all the time and not worry about it? I absolutely need to shoot RAW though, so that can't change.

7) Save as JPEG

6) Apply filter, resize, or do whatever it is I was going to do

5) Switch monitor to sRGB

4) Import JPEG into photoshop CS6

3) Save image as JPEG

2) Edit image in Nikon Capture NX2 to my taste, with monitor in full gamut aRGB mode.

1) Shoot in NEF/RAW (I shoot Nikon)

Can someone confirm if this is a proper workflow such that nothing is screwed up?

Now, I understand that one mistake in aRGB with color spaces can make the image look wrong when switched to sRGB or worse, when printed or posted online.

I picked up a NEC PA271W monitor with Spectraview II, and have calibrated profiles for aRGB and sRGB around 115 cd/m2 which research suggests is about good.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow