ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andens
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Epson 1500W/Artisan1430 or Canon ix6550
Mar 19, 2013

Hi,

Perhaps someone could help? I'm in the market to buy a mid range printer I have narrowed the options down to either the Epson 1500w (UK model name, Artisan 1430 U.S.) or the Canon ix 6550. The issue is that I currently have a general use Kodak that was sold as "very good" for photo printing, prior to that I have always had Epson. I like and trust Epson, the Kodak on the recent printing of a portrait was to say the least very disappointing and after trying to manage the colour profile through the Kodak software - without much success, I did eventually get to a reasonable rendition of the on screen image via Photoshop. However, this is still not what I want in terms of image. As I have never used a Canon I don't know what to expect, each of the printers from research have their relative merits and depending who you listen to they compete closely in the reviews and rankings. The one other thing that concerns me about the Epson is a reported slight cast with Black and White printing, but I don't know how much of an issues that really is. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow