Canon is about to launch super small DSLR. Implications for next Oly E?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
mpeman
mpeman MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,855Gear list
Like?
Re: Uh ... it's a rumor ....
In reply to Philly, Mar 19, 2013

veroman wrote:

... not a certainty. Why suggest otherwise? Besides, if it's the same 18MP sensor in the 7D/60D/t4i, I think it stinks.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

Well, here's another mention:

http://www.sansmirror.com/newsviews/dancing-with-elephants.html

Some rumors are more certain than others--like the rumor that the next E will be launched this year. I thought most people on this board follow the camera gear market more closely than I do, and would have a sense of how reliable this rumor is.

I think it will probably have the same 18MP sensor as on 7D/60D/t4i. So any market interest on this camera will be primarily driven by its form factor (and price point).

Um.  Did you notice how Thom has it listed as a mirrorless camera?  This means an electronic viewfinder...not an optical one.  This camera is closer to the OM-D than anything else.  Plus, when you consider that other manufacturers have made smaller cameras with optical viewfinders, it would appear that Canon is a little bit late to this party.  I believe they will be stealing customers from themselves.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Kevin
--

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow