BEWARE KB2670838 or IE10 updates! They break Aero and Windows Live Mail on many systems!

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bronxbombers4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,112
Like?
BEWARE KB2670838 or IE10 updates! They break Aero and Windows Live Mail on many systems!
Mar 19, 2013

I don't know if MS is trying to find a way to push more people into going W8 or what but this is the most bugged up broken set of patches I've ever seen. WDM kepts saying it was broken and then I'd tell the OS to fix it and it'd say it would turn it back on but it was still not working. Reboot, nothing helped. Tried these patches three times and nothing made them work properly. I'm starting to see others complain all over now too, especially people who have something connected in portrait mode, they say going into portrait removes aero permanently with these patches. I don't even have anything in portait mode myself.

Windows Live Mail renders all wrong and is totally unusable with these patches.

I had to uninstall it all to make my computer work normally again. W7 64bit with latest Nvidia graphics drivers.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow