Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,535Gear list
Like?
Your response is funny...
In reply to RedFox88, Mar 19, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

No, I think it's the other way around. Time is running out for canon and Nikon and their current offerings don't cut it.

neither of these indicates the innovation necessary to even cause ripples in the pond.

LOL! Great design of a great camera style doesn't need to innovate. Innovation needs to make something better which mirrorless/EVIL does not do with its slower autofocus and viewfinder.

LOL back... 

I'm not sure I would describe DSLRs as a great design. Cheap to manufacture maybe, but whether they are really what people want to buy I doubt. Are DSLRs doomed? No, but perhaps some of the cheaper APS-C models are. The problem with that is that it's where the profits get made. Both Canon and Nikon are desperate to compete with mirrorless but have no understanding of how to do so or have tried to protect DSLR sales with compromised designs.

PS - I think both the E-M5 and GH3 focus faster than many DSLRs in SAF/AFS and many people prefer EVFs because they value readable information in the viewfinder... 

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow