Started Mar 9, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Franklin J Ellias
Regular MemberPosts: 197Gear list
Like?
2nd DSLR
Mar 9, 2013

My first foray into DSLR I purchased a Sony and felt it limited my ability to use manual settings. I had no other complaints and infact, like that the IS was in the body and saved on cost of lenses. Then I read all the reviews on the Canon T2i/550 and traded in the Sony for the Canon. After almost 3 yearsI have no regrets.
I picked up HD video (although, I think I've used it 3 times) but, I did gain almost full manual control over the camera. My one complaint with this camera is the inability to select anything other than 18mp RAW.
This is a good entry level DSLR and I would recommend the new T4i to anyone looking to move to a DSLR.

Problems:

Built in flash. When using the shoe the right spring tends to depress and not allow the switch to reset making the buit in flash inoperable.

Franklin J Ellias's gear list:Franklin J Ellias's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Apple Aperture Pixelmator Chameleon +1 more
Franklin J Ellias's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow