Started Mar 19, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gajuambi
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
2 consecutive Bad Copies
Mar 19, 2013

I bought the 1st tamron 24-70mm VC Di lens from smartshoppers.in in india and found out that it has a known issue with canon t4i (650d). It drains out the entire battery of the camera within 48 hours even if the camera is turned off. They sent me a replacement and the replacement copy was still the same. I finally got it exchanged it for a canon 24-105 f/4 L lens. The quality and the build of the lens was good, it was way to heavy for a walkaround lens but no complaints about the quality thought. The quality seemed very good and i wish the lens hood was of a little better quality. what i came to know about the service centers in india of tamron is that the service centers were not equipped to check the lenses before they replaced mine with a better copy. btw, did i mention it took me 60 days to finally get my lens replaced with a canon after a verbal fight with the vendor and the 2 different tamron centers? I wish they improve their service as well. It is a great product and a great alternative to canon 24-70mm f/2.8 with an added advantage of the VC (image stabilization) and at a very low price compared to the original canon 24-70mm but its not at all a walk around lens since it is very heavy.

Problems:

1.a particular version of this lens isnt compatible with canon 650d (t4i) where it drains out all the battery within 48 hours even if it is turned off.
2.tookd 60 days to sort it out from the date of purchase and both the lenses were DOA (dead on arrival), meaning they worked great had that battery draining issue.
3.got the lens exchanged with a canon 24-105 IS after deciding to go to consumer court but luckily it didnt go to that state.

gajuambi's gear list:gajuambi's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
gajuambi's score
Average community score
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow