ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Prophecies
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
iPad mini as RAW backup
Mar 19, 2013

Hello!
So I am getting ready to leave on a 5-month trip, and I was thinking about getting an iPad mini. My main use for it would be easy access to my email, writing my blog, and most importantly, backup up, and viewing my RAW files from my D7000.

I've been seeing conflicting information regarding how this would work, or wouldn't work. Here is what I had in mind.

1. Shooting photos with my D7000

2. Using the Camera Connection Kit to get my RAW .nef files onto the iPad mini

3. Use the iPad mini for reviewing photos, as well as uploading the good ones onto Dropbox (or, simply keeping the files on my iPad, and putting them on my computer afterwards)

4. Getting home, and getting my (hopefully unchanged) .NEF files from Dropbox on to my computer

I've seen a lot of weird information here and there, some people saying that the iPad compresses, reduces, or generally degrades the quality of NEF files on import, and others saying that Dropbox for iPad will do the same.

What exactly do I need to know, and would this be a good way to backup photos? Please don't suggest I purchase a Macbook Air, there is a reason why I want the iPad Mini, small size and weight.

Thanks in advance!

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow