Started Mar 19, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lobalobo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,759
Like?
LX7: Face Detection Mode
Mar 19, 2013

Two questions about the LX7's Face Detection Mode.

First, what AF mode does the camera select when set to Face Detection mode but there are no faces to detect?  I assume the answer is that it defaults to Multiple mode, but I'm not sure.  (Yes, I'm sure I could discover this through trial and error, but don't have the camera or operation manual with me for a bit and am curious as the answer seems not to be in the user's guide I purchased.)

Second (and this one is tougher, I think): If the AF/AE Lock is set to AE only and activated, I assume that Face Detection mode will continue to operate for focus, but I wonder whether Face Detection will override the exposure lock (and hope that it would not).  Does anyone know?  (This would be important in the following standard travel scene: a person standing in relative shadows in front of a brightly lit scene, where the desired outcome is proper ambient light exposure of the background and forced flash to illuminate the faces, which should be in sharpest focus.)

ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow