TRUE ISO 3200 - NX1000 better than OM-D and X-Pro1 - have a look!

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Usee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,843Gear list
Like?
...even ET's should read and quote the complete answer to comprehend - more than once!
In reply to Usee, Mar 19, 2013

Usee wrote:

Usee wrote:

...and exactly that is, why I made that hint, because most testing sites rely on the camera ISO setting and compare the pictures according the ISO setting and not (mainly) on the aperture setting and the exposure time (at the very same light conditions)...

...is this really that hard to understand?!

-

And I already have shown the ISO 6400 examples with the hint to the EXIF,

where everything is the same (aperture, time, and the ISO setting within the cameras)...

...only the possibility that the light may not be the same remained:

I ALREADY WROTE THAT SEVERAL TIMES AND I ALREADY SHOWED, ESPECIALLY FOR YOU, IN MY PREVIOUS ANSWER TO YOU, THE ACCORDING EXAMPLES:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/51043218

You just wrote the wrong answer...

...and You preferred to get very personal, instead of reading what I already wrote and to look at the according example - WOW how clever You must be!

-- hide signature --

Envy is the highest form of recognition.
Stop to run, start to think.
Think twice - that doubles the fun!
Your world is as big, as Your mind.
Avoid to have only one point of view!
Uli

Well, reading is not the same than understanding, especially if one is reading only the half,

how can one understand the complete sense?

-

For the people who still don't understand, why one need to look at the whole dynamic range and not on an accidentally (within Lightroom) chosen middle gray...

...should look at a RAW picture including a colorchecker and compare the "middle" gray in several different converters...

...maybe then the chance to grasp that problem, increases.

-

Imagine a curtain, before and after it is lifted - where is the middle (gray) of that curtain?

Hard to tell, if one doesn't know the complete lenght, isn't it?

-- hide signature --

Uli

A additonal hint especially for ET's:

What happens, if a contrast curve is neither linear nor symmetric around middle gray?

...and what happens, when the default contrast curve within a application like Lightroom differs from camera to camera?

...and what happens if the "middle gray" setting within the application is automatically shifted to the dark, to supress (visible) noise or shifted into the opposite direction for a smoother roll off in the highlights - depending on the camera brand?

-

And what if the used lenses had a different light transmission, despite the same aperture setting...

...can You imagine, that this could also affect the light hitting the sensor and the detected "middle grey" - despite the same measured brightness on the same target?

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en/About/In-depth-measurements/Measurements/Light-transmission

-

Probably not, otherwise I don't understand, why You repeatedly ignore the hints I already have given...

...but never mind, one can't explain everything to every ET.

-- hide signature --

Uli

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow