DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
thelordsmurf
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager
In reply to fuego6, Mar 19, 2013

So based on all of the above comments (thanks so much everyone!), it seems the three best options me for are Lightroom, Zoner, and Photo Supreme.

For Lightroom, Geoff, did you ever figure out the Lightroom hierarchical keywords issue you mention here http://gcoupe.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/lightroom-4-a-mixed-blessing/ ? I definitely have hierarchical keywords (Photo Type|Landscape, Water, etc; People|Family|etc People|Friends ...) and don't every photo with a person in it have an IPTC or XML keyword of "people" written to it in Flickr. But having a built-in good photo editor, and reasonable geotagging capabilities, seems useful.

Zoner free seems worth a try, does anyone know if it has geotagging?

Photo Supreme, I'm willing to give it a try as well; does it treat hierarchical keywords any better.

Basically I just need whatever DAM software I use, Picasa face tagging (likely via the AV XMP Face Tag utility), and Flickr to work together so I don't have to do a huge number of edits to get the photos online. I'm already years behind...

Thanks!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow