Time is running out for Samsung, Sony, and other mirrorless camera makers

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,611Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, It never ceases to amaze me
In reply to Sergey Borachev, Mar 19, 2013

But the big advantage of m43 is smaller lenses and the longest good quality m43 lens is the Panny 35-100 (which I was out shooting with this afternoon, on my GH3, and frankly the Canon 70-200 2.8 mk II is very significantly better, especially at f2.8, or away from the centre at any aperture, err weight and presence excluded that is). If you want good quality telephotos m43 isn't the way to go, but with the small size it's what people (well, me, and I do have some big white Canon glass with staggeringly good MFT curves) would really like...

P.S. I do have the 100-300, but I'm with Roger Cicala on how far behind the curve the longer m43 glass is, alas.

Edit - I should say the 35-100 is wonderfully teeny, well until you put the lens hood on it, but the stabiliser is so far behind the one on the Canon I do wonder why they bothered... (it's not that bad after a few seconds, but initially it's a bit of a joke).

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow