Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,907Gear list
Like?
Re: Kim- HS50 review updates?
In reply to alexisgreat, Mar 19, 2013

alexisgreat wrote:

Kim, you're testing the HS50 right now?

No, not yet. I just had confirmation that Fuji should be sending me the HS50 and F900 next week for evaluation together.

Please compare it to the older BSI sensors

I have the F770 and so I will be able to test two nearly-identical sensors.

, it will be interesting to see how it performs with regards to DR and high ISO in the various modes

I expect them to be nearly identical, as all the 16mp BsiCMOS sensors have so far been.

Where I expect to see real differences is in AF performance.

(and also the resolution and quality of the new lens vs the one in your HS25.)

I don't own the HS25. That was a test camera.

I need to keep updated on your site for new info on this camera! Also, I noted that you stated the HS25/30 was more efficient than the previous generation- what kind of IQ improvements did you note with it over the F550 that you also have?

I was quoting Fuji. I never personally observed efficiency improvements that led to something tangible. It might be there, but for practical purposes it does not do much. Especially since the HS25 is JPEG only.

What I sis note is that the JPEG engine on the HS25 is very good. Making that camera a steal for those who do not want to process RAW.

EXR has the same number of generations as Windows OS- interesting lol.

Yeah ... probably close.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow