Started Mar 16, 2013 | Questions thread
Darryl E Mylrea
Regular MemberPosts: 194
Like?
Re: Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8D high pitched noise when focusing
In reply to Snapshott, Mar 19, 2013

Snapshott wrote:

Darryl E Mylrea wrote:

Got a call from the repair shop today that my lens is fixed. (which is odd, because they were supposed to call me with an estimate before doing any work).

In any case, they replaced the AF contact plate and zoom guides, updated an eprom value, resecured the main circiut board and total cost was $266. Motor replacement was not needed.

Maybe this info will help someone with similar problems.

Test it out and let us know how it tests out. Sounded like it needed a new AF-s motor to me but I can't argue if they indeed fixed your problem. Hope they did as $266 seems very reasonable to me.

-- hide signature --

Snapshott

Initial testing at the repair shop was completely silent now. What they did seemed to fix it. Since it wasn't a zoom issue, it was either the AF contact plate (whatever that is) or the EPROM update (like I was initially told it might be). The other things they did I think were unrelated to the noise but things to do while they had it apart. Anyways, kudos to Kurt's Camera Repair in San Diego.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow