FZ200 – Regrettably bidding farewell to this group, thanks for a great 7 months!

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,955
Like?
FZ200 – Regrettably bidding farewell to this group, thanks for a great 7 months!
Mar 19, 2013

Dear Friends:

It’s with a real sense of regret that I am bidding you all a warm farewell as I will no longer be participating in the group. The reason is because today I had the special opportunity of returning my FZ200 for my full purchase price providing I put the money towards another new camera, and I took it.

Back in late December 2012, I bought a special extended warranty and because of some weird timing of the dates it worked out that today was my final day to decide whether to take this offer, and so with mixed emotions I surrendered my beloved FZ200 and bought instead a new Nikon D7100 DSLR rig. Yes, it’s true, after 7 months of super-zoom bliss I have rejoined the “Dark Side” of DSLR photography.

Actually, truth be told, in a funny kind of way many of you are somewhat to blame! Let me explain. Before buying the FZ200 and joining this group I had never done any wildlife/nature photography, I had only shot people, landscapes and buildings. Well, over the last seven months of being actively involved in this group I have developed a real passion for nature photography, which many of you had a significant hand in fostering in me, and now I would really like to try my hand at taking nature photography to the next level. Given this rare opportunity to get all my money back and put it towards another camera, I just couldn’t pass that up.

Anyways, I really do want to convey my regret that I will no longer be a part of this wonderful international group and I want you to know that I will remember fondly all the great friendships and camaraderie that I have experienced here. I won’t thank anyone by name because I will surely forget to mention someone as my memory is not what it used to be.

So I wish you all the very best in your photo-endeavors and thank you again for a most enjoyable and encouraging 7 months of fun.

Cheers

Rudy in Ottawa

P.S. As might be expected I have some FZ200 accessories that I will no longer be needing, I won’t name them here so as not to get into trouble with the forum moderators, but most of you know what they are. If you think you might be interested send me a private message or see my posting in the “For Sale and Wanted” section of the dpreview forum later today or tomorrow. I’d prefer if one of you got the good stuff rather than someone I don’t know on eBay.

Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow