Time is running out for Samsung, Sony, and other mirrorless camera makers

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 1,933Gear list
Like?
Re: Think
In reply to zxaar, Mar 19, 2013

You didn't read my response at all. My complaint wasn't about individual lenses, or even Zeiss lenses - which are indeed excellent.  It was about Sony's inability to create a complete lens lineup even after being handed a giant headstart through all off Minolta's lens intellectual property, as well as Sony's inability to just repair the Minolta lenses that they themselves were touting as a reason to use the A Mount.

And while Zeiss does indeed produce superior lenses, Minolta glass was also quite excellent.  Several current Alpha lenses (such as the 70-200/2.8) are no more than re-badged Minolta designs that are unchanged a decade later. The existence of these rebadged lenses, however, simply reinforces my point about Sony's strange decisions about not taking more of these already designed lenses and producing them.  Sony had already fully paid for the IP.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow