Canon is about to launch super small DSLR. Implications for next Oly E?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Philly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,098
Like?
Re: Canon is about to launch super small DSLR. Implications for next Oly E?
In reply to eaa, Mar 19, 2013

eaa wrote:

As a DSLR, how small will the OVF be on this one?
Considering the penta mirror box size (probably not a prism here, due to low price point), it's gotta be pretty small. And that was one of the major criticisms against Oly E.xxx, right?

For the upcoming E-7, it's gotta be much bigger than this. Hopefully min. E-1 size, or still like E-5, which works a charm on ZD HG/SHGs. Should you want smaller than that, then go for the OMD Pro, which will also have PDAF support.

-- hide signature --

For me, the E-520 size was perfect. I know others differ. But I don't think that the E-x cameras were successful. And as good as the sensor on E-M5 is, it is still not up to the level of the top APS sensors (but close). Maybe an E-520 size will help differentiate the new E, assuming it is marketed at the semi-pro level. Whereas the m4/3 system has built an incumbent advantage through its large lens offering, I think an Oly semi-pro DSLR needs to be in its own niche, to compete in the DSLR marketplace. It would be nice if Olympus could pick off some new customers, and not just existing 4/3 installed base.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
mpeman MOD
mpeman MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow