How bout printing our great pics?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,617Gear list
Like?
Re: How bout printing our great pics?
In reply to danelmix, Mar 19, 2013

I print from a variety of sources, depending on need and timing.

I agree with the poster above on home printing - I still do occasionally just for the convenience and immediacy, but it just doesn't seem to prove cost effective in the long run, with the paper and ink costs - especially compared to the prices you can get at commercial print shops.

I do occasional 'quickie' prints for friends, relatives, etc, such as 4x6 stuff and other small prints, at Costco.  Easy, fast - prints while I'm shopping.

I've done some small to medium printing with Shutterfly, because I've had a free account there for years, and they occasionally send promotions and freebies for prints - I usually stick to 8x10, 5x7, or 4x6 with them.

When I need an archival type print, or making larger prints for sale to clients or buyers, I use Mpix.com.  They have very high quality paper options, can print nice, large prints with high quality, and can work various borders, print mediums, etc.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow