Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hellocrowley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169
Like?
Anyone here left mirrorless for DSLR?
Mar 19, 2013

Posted this over at FujiX forum but got few responses so I'm looking for advices from people who actually switched from mirrorless to FF DSLR. I'm thinking about selling everything and get a 6D + an X100s.

This is my current setup, with 2 good manual lenses. I used my old T2i for this shot and can't help noticing how much easier it is to use a Canon in a "studio" situation like this. I was shooting one handed, with the other hand holding up a reflector.

I love the Fuji colors and the manual controls but can't get over the slow AF and the quirks. When I put them all in a bag, the bag is not lighter than a 6D with a 50/1.8, 85/1.8 and a 28/2.8. Because of this I don't take them out much and resort to using my crappy cellphone camera. With the X100s, I could just throw it in a glovebox/bike compartment and use it all the time.

I also use wireless flashes *a lot* and the Fuji is not exactly the best for that (sync speed, compatibility, TTL, remembering fine-tuned shutter speed..). Canon, on the other hand, has a plethora of great third party flash products. Bonus: X100s would give me insane sync speed.

What do you all think?

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow