Shooting tethered to an LCD screen using hdmi?

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simonharris
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
Shooting tethered to an LCD screen using hdmi?
Mar 19, 2013

Hi All,

i was wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me some advice please.

i will start by explaining the nature of my problem.  When I shoot using studio flash, I have to turn on live view on my 5d to obtain initial focus. I do this because I wear multifocal glasses and it is hard to get accurate focus using just the viewfinder.  When I switch to live view, I have to get out of my flash exposure settings because the screen will be black if I don't.  So I wind down my shutter speed until I get an image on the rear screen that is light enough to see.  I then adjust focus, go back to my flash settings and take the shot.....phew!

As you can see, very tedious, especially if I am shooting 20 corporate head shots like I did today.  My question is this:

Would it be possible to hook up to an LCM screen via hdmi, and have a viewable image ? It would be soo much easier for me to get accurate focus and quick as well.  I know I could shoot tethered to a laptop but I don't need any of the remote shooting controls other than a larger image.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I would really appreciate your help as this is a big problem.

kind regards to all,

Simon.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow