Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MustangJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
LX7: Albion Falls, Hamilton Ontario
Mar 19, 2013

Hamilton bills itself as the "waterfall capital of the world" as it's home to 126 waterfalls. Many of these are due to the fact that Hamilton straddles the Niagara escarpment, the geologic feature that is responsible for Niagara Falls. On Saturday, we went out to Albion Falls which is in my opinion one of the prettiest of the 126 falls in the area. Here are a couple of my favourite shots from that outing.

Albion Falls is around 19m/62ft high and is quite impressive when the water's flowing well. It's a little tricky getting down to the base, especially when there's ice and snow on the ground, but the effort is worth it. It was quite cold when we were there and there was the added problem of snow flurries that inevitably ended up on the lens making many of my shots unusable.

These shots were all taken on a tripod with the built-in ND filter enabled plus another 3 stop ND filter screwed onto the lens. I used the auto-exposure bracket mode with a -2/0/+2 EV range then did an exposure fusion to combine the three images together using SNS HDR. I finished them off with some saturation and contrast adjustments in CS6.

Joe

MustangJoe's gear list:MustangJoe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow