about to drop large cash on DSLR setup- please advise/opinion

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Questions thread
bm bradley
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,979Gear list
Like?
Re: about to drop large cash on DSLR setup- please advise/opinion
In reply to AofA, Mar 19, 2013

AofA wrote:

i am an artist and photographer. i've been shooting for over 25 years, but, really, i come at things mored from contemporary art. i've never pushed my "commercial" photography-- or how my work can be applied to that market. i don't have a good, professional DSLR 35mm full frame camera. this is what i'm thinking of right now and got a great price for the whole package with an extended warranty on the body (covering water damage as well).

Nikon D800e

Vertical Grip w/extra battery

Nikkor 24-70 f2.8

Nikon SB 910

Flash synch cord

and some kind of camera bag (packpack style) 'cause i'd like to be able to carry my equipment off the shoulder and on my bike (i hv a Domke shoulder type bag that i've had for years and it's ok.

i will need to buy a good (probably) manfroto tripod, but not sure yet what kind (if any) rig i will be buying.

-

can't afford a medium format system of any kind which is too bad and i want something that has good 1080 video.

what do you think?

thnx,

AofA

consider the tamron 24-70 2.8 and save yourself $1000. not so sure you need a flash either, at least right away...

-- hide signature --

'when I ask you what time it is, don't tell me how to build a watch'

bm bradley's gear list:bm bradley's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow