schmegg
schmegg MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,123
Like?
Re: *** 5Dc vs 60D resolution test ***
In reply to qianp2k, Mar 19, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

schmegg wrote:

Peter does - he continues to claim that a 5D out-resolves an 18MP crop.

I'm busy at the moment so unable to reply in details. Nevertheless please don't twist what I said.

Would you agree that you said that in almost all cases the 5D out-resolves an 18MP crop. I can only recall you mentioning the 300/2.8 IS L II as an exception.

I said clearly throughout posts in many threads that depend on lenses. With all lenses I have before such as 24-105L and 70-200L/4.0 IS...yes 5Dc does outresolve 60D.

No - it doesn't. And so far, from what we can tell from the comparison you posted, your own testing confirms this.

I guess you are still in that river in Egypt then.

I have some new lenses now such as 24-70L II and 70-200L II and I will do more tests later. With 24-70L II we can see they are very close and I also want to see with 70-200L II. I believe it's more meaningful to test resolution from a distance at least 50X focus length (outdoor tests are more meaningful in real world photos) not in very close distance (24-70L II is not a macro lens anyway for example). As I said DXOMark might use AVERAGE MTF resolution to calculate its P-MPix number. From so far what I have seen, I don't have indications that DXOMark tests are wrong and actually I think pretty reflect what I have found.

So you still refuse to provide the same detail to each sensor to see which one resolves more?

As the old proverb says .. "The truth is like a door, and you yourself must choose to enter"

Once again - DxO are conducting lens sharpness tests, not comparing the resolving abilities of different sized sensors.

Here  is their testing protocol ... please take note of the target and then explain how this enables them to determine the resolving abilities of different sized sensors.

I await your enlightenment!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow