Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TimGab
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Struggling with exposure on the 5DmkIII
Mar 19, 2013

Hi, I just upgraded from a 7D to the more powerfull 5DmkIII. I am one of these guys who tries to learn about the various camera controls and menu options by reading. I need to make sure I getting something extra for the extra $$$. I am also a complete convert to the Bryan Peterson style of exposure. I decide what aperture I want to use and then adjust the shutter speed and ISO accordingly until the camera's light meter indicates a correct exposure, i.e that indicator pin in the view finder is in the middle of the scale. On my 7D it ALWAYS worked but on the 5DmkIII I am having mixed results. I have tried all the metering modes and I still cannot get consistent results. The pictures come out underexposed and even the histogram is shifted to the left and clipped. What am I doing wrong? I have tested with both my lenses, 24-70mm and 70-200mm.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow