Interaction between Mac & PC ?

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Andrew Goldby
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Re: Interaction between Mac & PC ?
In reply to MtnGoatJoe, Mar 19, 2013

The Mac is used mainly for work but as a laptop we also plan to take it on holiday to stay in touch but since I am carrying it we will use it to check the photos we have taken.

The idea was to rate and tag them as we go then bring them back to the PC as we are more used to using PSP X4 to edit them and that is not available on the Mac.

However, we have just bought Lightroom 4 and that does write the ratings and tags properly so we can move photos around ... IF we use jpg.

Which brings me to the next question ....

If I try to use raw CR2s LR4 puts the tags and ratings in an XMP sidecar file - which is missed by PSP X4 and the win7 photoviewer.

LR4 will enable me to convert to DNG on import which seems to have benefits in that I can do away with the XMP sidecar files (and stick to RAW processing keeping just one copy of the file until I need to use it for something) BUT stilll neither windows 7 live photoview nor PSPX4 seem to be able to read in the DNG file without corruption.

Can anyone help?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow