Raw processing of Canon files in DPP, have there been any improvements???

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Raw processing of Canon files in DPP, have there been any improvements???
Mar 19, 2013

I have just been reading a very interesting article about Phase One's new digital backs and the improved raw processing of the Phase One files by Capture One software.

So it got me thinking about Canon raw files and I have two questions as a result:

( 1 ) Has/does the Canon bundled DPP software raw file processing quality improve over the years?

And an ancilliary request, if so can someone share examples of this improvement between different versions of DPP.

I am particularly interested in 1D bodies with regard to raw processing (but I guess files from any Canon body would be of interest).

( 2 )  What do users regard as the best raw converter, in terms of image quality, on the Microsoft Windows operating system platform, for Canon raw files?

Examples demonstrating your answer would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

plevyadophy.

Oh by the way, here's that article about the new Phase One processor and Capture One processing: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/iq260_story.shtml

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow