MAC users, Aperture 3 or Lightroom 4?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,938Gear list
Like?
Re: MAC users, Aperture 3 or Lightroom 4?
In reply to ROFLOL, Mar 19, 2013

ROFLOL wrote:

Question for MAC users. Do you use A3 or LR4 and why? Does one convert RAW better?

Aperture since it was launched (and cost me over $850!!).

Mainly because it is impossible to switch and Aperture library into LR and vice versa, so once you start down one track it becomes unrealistic to change. My Aperture library runs to almost 1 terabyte now and there is no way to import years of work complete with adjustments etc.

If I was to swap to LR, I would have to begin again and run two parallel systems because I would have to keep Aperture for legacy images anyway.

I actually like Aperture although the fact that it failed to support the RAW files from the Fuji X Pro within 12 months was enough to make me sell the entire camera system as it was easier to change cameras than software given it was very much my secondary system. No such problems with the Lumix GH 3 I replaced it with - supported from day one.

I think it is time Apple gave it a good update and included camera profiles and a few other things, but generally it is very good indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OkayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow