Exposure Basics, lesson three?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,650Gear list
Like?
Re: All at once or nothing at all?
In reply to bobn2, Mar 19, 2013

bobn2 wrote:

So, we have two camps. One whose methodology is based on controlling the exposure that happens at capture time to determine the output tonality of their images, the other whose methodology is based on controlling it to determine DOF, motion blur and image noise.

Indeed. The problem with teaching new photographers that ISO is in any way related to exposure is that you're sending them straight into camp #1, and it can be difficult, later on, to bring them over into camp #2.

And I think it's safe to say that the large majority of photographers finds itself in camp #1, believing the world is flat when it's actually round. I can't see a good reason to send new photographers over to camp #1, per default, hoping they'll make their way to camp #2 down the road.

tex

PS - bobn2, I wonder if you'd be so kind as to have a look at this post, a continuation of our discussion in the 'Exposure basics, part two' thread?

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow