Need help from Mac people.

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
RustierOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,649Gear list
Like?
Re: Need help from Mac people.
In reply to alvie, Mar 19, 2013

alvie wrote:

I thinking of changing from Windows platform to Mac platform. I have all my software like, Photoshop CS5, Topaz Labs, Nik Software, and photomatix for windows. My question to anyone out there how can I change all of my software from windows to mac without having to buy them all over again? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Alvie,

I'm fairly new to the Mac experience, and in the process of switching over. One thing to keep in mind if you get a Retina model is which software you'll be running that has been optimized for that display. But I've been pleased with using Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro Retina using Parallels. Using an old Windows 2003 Office XP sometimes the text in Excel is a bit small. But otherwise it seems to work well. I'm trying to do most of my work with Mac programs in OS X. But for the programs I have that are Windows only, its nice to have the option. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
Russ

RustierOne's gear list:RustierOne's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow