What is the best Lightroom 4 book?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Jeff Schewe
Regular MemberPosts: 371
Like?
Re: What is the best Lightroom 4 book?
In reply to ThePalindrome, Mar 19, 2013

ThePalindrome wrote:

What I liked about it was that it's not a technical handbook. It doesn't go through all the menues and tells me what to click were. I'm pretty tech savvy so I don't need that much technical explanations. Instead it focused on images and explained how they could be improved and how this is done in LR3. I hope you understand what I mean.

It also dealt exclusively with the "Developing" module and that's also good, because I don't need the book module and the other things.

A self-serving answer (but "correct", none the less) would be The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw and Photoshop  by, uh, me :~)

The reason I said "correct" above is that the whole book is about raw image processing. And while there are a few differences between Lightroom and Camera Raw, I highlight those differences but drill down on the raw processing part. I include Photoshop for dealing with those things better done in a pixel editor instead of a raw editor.

What I don't cover is a lot of Lightroom stuff not related to raw processing...like the Map, Book, Web  and Slideshow modules. I also don't cover printing because that will be in the second book, The Digital Print, due 2nd quarter.

So, if it's getting the absolute best from your raw images, you might find it useful. I also make a lot of the example images available for download from the books web site.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Jeff Schewe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow