Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
jon404
Senior MemberPosts: 1,804
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 19, 2013

Jake -- I first bought an older medium-format Pentax 645N, to get back into film. It is the best camera I have ever owned. Perfect ergonomics, a delight to use.

Then, a month ago, I noticed the 'discontinued' sale for the Pentax K-01. For digital, I mostly use an Olympus XZ-1, and wanted for a long time to go to APS-C, to get low-light images with less sensor noise. The price for the K-01 was irresistable! And, like the 645N, the camera instantly felt 'at home' in my hands.

As a side benefit, I've found that there are a zillion Pentax lenses out there, that all fit my K-01 (and any other K-mount camera). The lenses I've bought, made by Pentax, are VERY sharp when stopped down a bit, and have excellent color.

If I were a professional, I would buy a weatherproof K-5 IIs immediately, with two weather-sealed fast zooms covering a 16-300mm range... plus all the lighting gear, PocketWizards, umbrellas, gobos, all that. But I'm retired... and the K-5 IIs will have to wait a while!

-- hide signature --

Jonathon Donahue -- Olympus XZ-1 tips at http://jon404.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow