In reply to Wubslin, Mar 19, 2013

Wubslin wrote:

Jorge Ledesma wrote:

Hello folks,

I have the following gear:

• Nikon D90 gripped
  • 85mm 1.8D
  • 50mm 1.8G

I dumped all zooms and I'm going to acquire soon the 28mm 1.8G to complete a little prime kit. I'm contemplating between the D300s or the D7000 but I've read the D7000 forum and I see the the problems with the AF system. I'm enamored by the pro body of the D300s I'm sure its a very capable body but I've also read the the comments on how its the IQ is about 2/3- to 1 stop below the D90. I also saw that DXO rating for the D300s is about 200 points the D90 and more so than the D7000.

All these are all known fact but I'm thinking that by upgrading from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 4 I'll be able to control whatever noise levels appear on the D300s files comparable or even better than the D90. At this point, I'm looking to stay with whatever body I acquire for about 2-3 years. Also, I'm looking in the future to acquire a D700 and perhaps complete the DX/FX combo.

I shoot portraits, street photography, abstract stuff, and some action.

So in essence with having the glass that I have which is top notch. I may even upgrade the 85mm 1.8D for the G version which is I hear is super sharp wide open and complete the G triad. Will the D300s ride along that journey. I think so but I'd love to hear from you guys which are seasoned D300/s users. Perhaps you can point to some threads that go further into detail.

I read in another thread that the AF of the D7000 which is not on the same level of the Pro bodies was more like an experiment to cut cost a little bit and sort guinea pig it.

Anyway, I'd love some insight or please point me to some threads.

George

George, you can have my D300 + 50mm/1.4D + 18-105G if you want. Make me an offer?

Mods, you can move this post to classifieds if anyone complains and it will make you feel better.

Thanks but I'm good. I'm still looking around for the right one to show up.

Jorge Ledesma's gear list:Jorge Ledesma's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-Pro1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
...New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow