People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lightpath48
Senior MemberPosts: 1,935Gear list
Like?
Re: My explanation
In reply to oki_, Mar 19, 2013

Last weekend we attended our son's birthday party. He uses his iPad Mini to talk with SpeakIt (he is non-verbal), FaceTime, e-mail and messaging. His right side paralysis makes handling a small camera very difficult but the iPad Mini works because it is bigger and flat. The photos and video shot by the iPad were extremely pleasing to view. We could hand the iPad around at the tables and people could see the large display much easier than my smaller camera LCD. When he got home there was no usual hassle of transferring photos from my camera to his device because they were automatically saved to his photo album on the iPad as they were taken. Honestly, I don't see the problem with using the iPad for photography. People will get used to it, or not. Those who demean others over this have invested something in the status of their particular equipment that I don't understand.

Lightpath48's gear list:Lightpath48's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon Coolpix L610 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DuhNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow