Lastest Canadian D800 still have left focus issue - October 2012

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
etomcat
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Lastest Canadian D800 still have left focus issue - October 2012
In reply to doch22009, Mar 19, 2013

Hi,

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but cannot find recent posts regarding the D800 currently selling in Canada (I am in Montreal).

Has somebody in Canada (Montreal ?) recently bought D800?

Does it have LF or any other issues?

What is the serial number? What D800 serial numbers are currently in the market?

Also, could you suggest a reliable store with a good return policy. Montreal or online.

I was thinking to by online from some Ontario stores like Vistek or Aden Camera mostly because of the taxes when buying locally. I could save ~$200. What bugs me, however, is their return policy or the lack of such. The Vistek one is funny: http://www.vistek.ca/about/returns.aspx

"Any item considered for refund must be returned in as-new, unopened condition."

How would one possibly know if he/she wants to keep the new camera, if it satisfies his/her needs without having the camera (out of the box!)  in his/her hands?!?!?!?!

I would have the same success judging the camera by looking at its pictures in internet...

So after all it might actually worth paying those $200 only to have the option to return the camera for full refund if it is defective.

What is your opinion?

Thank you in advance for any information and suggestions.

Emil

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow