Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,397Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 19, 2013

Like many others here, because it was the best value.  I always wanted a Nikon (I never liked the Canon mount for some reason ! ).  My first SLR, I couldn't afford Nikon, my second SLR I did, but Olympus offered so much more with the OM2n that it eclipsed the Nikkormat hands down, so that is what I bought.  When I bought my first DSLR, I said to myself, I'll buy a Nikon THIS time, just because ... so when I went to the store to make my purchase at last of a D80 (after much research in what I considered my price bracket), the K10D just came in that day, so I had to at least handle it to "confirm" my choice... it was instant love.  It felt sooo much better than the "cheap plastic" D80 in comparison... I walked out with it with no hesitation.  So this is the story of my photographer's life... I want Nikon, I really do want to like this brand, but there's always a better value when it comes time to put my hard earned money down, and Pentax fits that bill so very neatly right now.  Hence, if you care about value... you look beyond the obvious, you do your research, and buy what fits YOUR needs best.  In my case, it was never Nikon nor Canon, and that for the past 35+ years or so that I've been doing photography !

I still want a Nikon... but the camera I want ... they will never make it is seems !

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow