Reviews, hands-on, samples of HS50 Part VI

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nightwings
Forum ProPosts: 10,322
Like?
Re: Sorry, I disagree -
In reply to powerslave, Mar 19, 2013

powerslave wrote:

One of my biggest disappointments with my Nikon 7100 is the ADL! Those boosted shadows look rather boring. Ugly grey blobs with no significant detail, if only it had the DR of my EXR cameras and it would be used more often.

Depends on your base settings i.e. picture control settings. Yes I know.... settings.. settings.. settings..... just like an EXR camera......guilty as charged I find ADL works best with standard picture controls settings .... contrast set to 0+-, saturation set to 0+-

My Pentax DSLR can do a similar thing and looks almost as bad, maybe it works better on the Nikon SLR's. Fujifilms EXR looks like a normal picture unlike my experience of Nikons ADL which to me doesn't appear to give me anything that I couldn't do later in Photoshop.

While I owned Pentax DSLR's, I never got a chance to explore their built in HDR capabilities ... most of my time spent trying to get an in-focused shot.

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow