*** 5Dc vs 60D resolution test ***

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: *** 5Dc vs 60D resolution test ***
In reply to schmegg, Mar 19, 2013

schmegg wrote:

In the previous test, the OP very wisely provided the raw files with full EXIF attached. This makes his results verifiable by others.

So, where are the raw files qianp2k?

I said I don't have a site that can hold RAW files.  But willing to upload my files to a site anyone can provide.

Without them I afraid that your copious outspoken posts leaning in only one direction on this topic pretty much negates anything the images may or may not show.

You can do similar tests provided you don't have agenda.

For a start - those images are too small. I do believe it was you that kept calling for 5000 pixel wide images for a decent comparison.

They are 100% cropped and I even upsampling 5D files to 60D size.

We need to see the raw files for ourselves (with full EXIF) if you are going to convince anyone of anything here. Otherwise, I'm afraid that it's just more of the same from you - despite what these images seem to imply (which is totally opposite to what you have been claiming all this time).

So give a link.  I just don't have.

BTW - where is the macro test? I still await a test from you that delivers exactly the same image detail to each sensor - the only sure way to tell which sensor can resolve more detail.

Might do later.  however since my Sigma 150/2.8 OS is a prime so I have to adjust distance between 5D3/5D to 60D to frame into the same AOV as in real world I'd do on a flower for example.

Old Canon 100/2.8 macro (just sold more than I bought, same for 50/1.4 and 17-40L as all those lenses I bought in Dec 2007 - 1st half year of 2008) test shots on 10mp 1D3.  I remember you used to try to compare from your old 50D.  My ones are obviously sharper   I believe you cannot separate sharpness from resolution as you cannot separate details from noise.  They are related.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow