Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
jimrpdx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,879Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 19, 2013

I think availability and marketing account for it; impulse buying is far easier when you can find a camera inside your local store, and Pentax has not managed that.  You need to do some research and personal soul-searching to decide what's important to you, and that's when Pentax has a chance to reach you.

It helps if you take roads less traveled in other matters too, as Pentaxians find they have enough great gear available online, in thrift shops and in their family closet to make it worth trying out.  Unless full frame is vital to what you do, Pentax is an excellent choice.  I have Pentax in my photographic history from 1983 on, which might have helped too.

I tried another dark horse first in the dSLR market.  When I searched out cameras in 2008 I went with a Sony A200 and loved the Minolta-reborn feeling (and the old Maxxum glass).  In the next 2 years Sony did not fully embrace any single path in the larger-sensor camera market, and that drove me mad - and to Pentax.  Perhaps Nex and SLT will hold Sony's interest for a few years, but their continual need to reinvent was too much for me.

-- hide signature --

Jim in Oregon -- Pentax user, Alpha & m4:3 veteran
talking to myself at http://granitix.blogspot.com

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow