Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ccd
ccd
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jim Beverlin, Mar 18, 2013

Definitely not wanting to follow the crowd was a MAJOR consideration. But also at the time I was first looking at DSLR's (2006), there were not very many models to choose from. I decided on a Pentax *istDL over the Rebel XT also because:

- It was better built (by far) with the stainless steel chassis. It felt sturdy but was not heavy or large.

- It had a much larger LCD (2.5" compared to 1.8") with higher resolution

- It had customizable ISO and other settings

- It had a larger sensor which helped to compete with the benefits of the extra MP and the CMOS of the XT.

- It had a larger viewfinder

- It had an ISO 3200 max vs 1600

- The kit lens was substantially better (not just optically, but most esp. in build quality). So much so that was one of the first things my friend who had a Rebel commented on when he first saw my DL.

- It was substantially less money. For me at the time that was huge. I was just beginning to dabble with the idea of a DSLR, and the fact it had all the advantages listed above AND was much cheaper to boot......that was a deal clincher for me. If the DL was not available at that time, I would have been relegated to my Sony W1 and Pany FZ5 for quite awhile longer (both very good point and shoots however).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow