Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Pontoneer
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 18, 2013

Jake64 wrote:

I am a Nikon user but I am far from a fanboy. My question is, why do people choose Pentax over big hitters like Nikon and Canon? I don't think I have ever seen anyone using a Pentax DSLR in person or in a photo. I have combed through dozens of photos of photographers but they all apper to be using Nikon and Canon products. I also looked into wedding and studio photographers. The ones that do mention what equipment they use, it is never Pentax. Is that initself the allure; that few use it and it feels more special?

Thanks!

When some of us started out with Pentax , they were THE system camera to have , and the others were the also-rans . In the fifties it was Exacta , then Pentax in the sixties and seventies .

In the late 1980's , Pentax made a conscious decision to concentrate on Medium format for the pro end of the market , an area Canikon have no presence in , and stopped making higher end 35mm kit . Many people now feel that this was not a good move since it left the higher end of the 35mm market to others .

However , they had better watch out : Pentax are coming back !

-- hide signature --

With kind regards Derek.

Pontoneer's gear list:Pontoneer's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +37 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow