MAC users, Aperture 3 or Lightroom 4?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Okay
In reply to ROFLOL, Mar 18, 2013

ROFLOL wrote:

Question for MAC users. Do you use A3 or LR4 and why? Does one convert RAW better?

I used to shoot with a Nikon and I would convert my RAW files in Capture because it was the only program that recognized the incamera settings and would apply them to the RAW conversion if I chose to have them applied. I found that this gave me a much better starting point than other converters and saved me a bunch of time.

When I got my NEX nikon Capture couldn't do the RAW conversion for me so I decided to give Aperture a try. I absolutely fell in live with it. I import the RAW files and with two to three clicks I got better images than I ever got with capture I then tried it with my Nikon RAW files and those were better as well - At that point I got rid of all my other RAW conversion programs and Aperture is all I use these days.

Having said that we all have different taste - For you I would highly recommend that instead of taking our advice you download the free trial of both Aperture and Light Room and decide which one works best for you. After all, what I like best is meaningless because we are different people.

JMO

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
HVL-F20AM Flash
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OkayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow