Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
richard NO
Contributing MemberPosts: 863Gear list
Like?
Re: Startrails with NEX-6, 1650PZ and TimeLapse App
In reply to Yezariael, Mar 18, 2013

Yezariael wrote:

uhligfd wrote:

Weird colors: stars usually have quite different colors in their trails; yours are all white? And the color of the brown desert is ok?

But where are the colors of the stars?

That's what the camera saw, only created startrails with nearly no further PP.... And yes, the stars where all white... I don't know where the colors come from (or why there are no in my pic)...

It's my second startrail, so a lot to learn anyway

It's no desert, these are mountains as I said, that's how the camera saw it - in reality I couldn't see nearly nothing!

Here's one short try with blue fotofilter, I think I will play around a bit with filter and gradients etc...

richard NO wrote:

You have to turn off long exposure noise reduction to get rid of the pauses..other than that, nice one;)

Hm, I thought about that and did a (short) test first, but I thought the TimeLapse app did disable it by itself? Seems that this is not the case It was around -10°C so after a bunch of test shots to get the view and angle and settings I had enough standing in the cold... I will be there in summer again, so hopefully I can get some more shots

btw: Your shot is great! (maybe even better when removed the blue tint from the stones in the foreground?)

That second version is is way better! Keep on experimenting with the timelapse app, and keep posting:)

I will look into that tint, the green stuff you see over the moutains is the aurora borealis,

-- hide signature --

Photography for me is not about recreating what i saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way i want to see the world
Cheers!
Richard Larssen http://www.flickr.com/photos/uberdogleg/
-------------------

richard NO's gear list:richard NO's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Samyang 12mm 1:2.0 NCS CS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow