Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
foto guy
Contributing MemberPosts: 714
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 18, 2013

People choose Canon or Nikon (at least initially) because of marketing.

The ones who choose Pentax do so for many reasons, such as being different from the crowd, (mostly) lower prices, smaller size, ergonomics, etc.

The one reason not mentioned here is that Pentax seems to be designed by photographers more than other brands. I've used Canon and owned Nikon and Pentax, and Pentax by far has more helpful little features that really enhance the photographic experience. It's not always about megapixels or fps or lens optics. It's the little known, obscure touches that make their cameras a joy to use. They obviously use cameras themselves and know just the right features to add.

For example, there's the piece of the lens hood for my FA20-35 that slides off so I can rotate a polarizer filter without removing the hood. And the ability to use the date for a folder name. There are plenty more, but I can't remember off the top of my head (old age, ya know), and I don't have my camera handy to reference.

-- hide signature --

Joe G.
'The universe is wider than our views of it.'
-- Henry David Thoreau

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow