Has anyone that shoots sports compared D7100 to D300s?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
gary stepic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,231Gear list
Like?
Re: Has anyone that shoots sports compared D7100 to D300s?
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Mar 18, 2013

That is my concern as well. In theory I should wait to at least August but I know me and I probably will buy the camera way before then. I do want to get more opinions from other photographers and I will watch the Kelby video, but so far I am optomistic I will like the camera. The biggest complaint I have seen concerning specs is the smaller buffer. But in practice I don't think that will be a huge problem because it is not very often I keep my finger on the trigger, and if I do waiting longer for the photos to write to a card will not prevent me from missing the next play or possesion. It could be a bit of a problem for soccer, boxing, or other sports where there is no break in the action. But for those sports I typically never keep my finger on the shutter anyway. The few times I do keep my finger on the trigger is when someone is coming at me for a break away dunk, for example.

Gary

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow