Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leo360
Senior MemberPosts: 1,031
Like?
Re: Don't give up just yet...
In reply to jmvdigital, Mar 18, 2013

jmvdigital wrote:

John M Roberts wrote:

Your profile shows you live in Fort Collins. Isn't there a professional like retail outlet there that you can give it one more try and see if it is a same batch problem you are dealing with. I would test a model as I do in my town where they let me take it out of the shop to daylight. Have your tripod and just quickly shoot some objects, walls, signs, what ever. Take the card home and check it out. If the demo looks OK then give a new out of box a try.

If you have problems, you can at least get some personal attention. The price has got to be similar for the body. There are too many D800 owners out there aware of the problem but are not having it themselves.

This is a possibility, but honestly, I don't think I have it in me. I already have to deal with boxing and shipping back a ton of gear, again. I could go test a local camera (only one retailer that I know carries it) maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But I'd still have to deal with the hassle of another return, waiting for the returns to ship and B&H to refund my money, and then start all over again. And I have this nagging uncomfortable feeling in the back of my head of investing $10k+ into a company where QC and CS is terrible. Nikon just doesn't feel like a company I can get behind right now. Canon feels like a safe haven in comparison.

I don't know how big their batches are but the cameras were serial numbers 30108xx, 30109xx, and 30131xx. Seems pretty far apart to me.

-- hide signature --

JMVDigital, Inc.
www.jmvdigital.com

@JMVDigital: take the refund from B&H. With cash in hands you have more options from trying out another store (which might have different batch of D800) to switching to Canon when they finally get a new generation sensor.

Leo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow