Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stoneage
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Measuring frame rate, D7100 vs D7000
Mar 18, 2013

I once wrote have a little piece of software that can measure the time between sound burst within a few 1/1000 of a second. I thought that it would be fun to use it to measure the frame rate of the two cameras. I tested with lossless compressed RAW and a ScanDisk Extreme Pro card (95 MB/s). The result was:

The y-axis is the inverse of the time between each frame, which is equal to a momentary frame rate. As you can see are the cameras keeping their promised 6 fps for the specified 7 and 11 frames respectively. Then the rate becomes lower and more uneven as the camera writes to the card. The higher writing speed of the D7100 shows in that it can keep the frame rate at around 3.8 fps, whereas the D7000 gives around 2.8 fps, despite the larger image on the D7100. This means that the D7100 probably will be better for repeated short bursts.

If you make the same comparison between Dx and cropped image on the D7100 you get this figure:

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
rhit MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow