D7100 and SDHC card read/write speed: 45 MB/sec vs 90 MB/sec?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Kaye
Senior MemberPosts: 2,597
Like?
D7100 and SDHC card read/write speed: 45 MB/sec vs 90 MB/sec?
Mar 18, 2013

With a 45 MB/sec Sandisk card and 14-bit NEF lossless compressed files, the D7100 can continue shooting and recording files at 2 frames/sec according to my crude testing on my wrist watch (60 files in 30 seconds).  Does anyone know if the frame rate is any higher at these images settings (once the buffer fills) with a 95 MB/sec card?  The faster cards cost about twice as much -- I'm just wondering if I'll see any performance difference if I upgrade (or if the limitation has more to do with how fast the camera can move the data through its own circuitry regardless of the card's write speed)?

Thanks for any input.

Jim

-- hide signature --

Jim Kaye 'I believe that the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them.' -- Ansel Adams, 1981

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow