Has anyone that shoots sports compared D7100 to D300s?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,588Gear list
Like?
Re: Has anyone that shoots sports compared D7100 to D300s?
In reply to Elixir, Mar 18, 2013

Elixir wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

It would be very cool if you could provide some high ISO, low light samples from both cameras.

I wish I thought of making some sample shots before I sold my D300s, but I didn't. Not to worry, there will be plenty of people who will be making this comparison soon.

All I know is from my eyes and what I remember I got from the D300s, and the D7100 is giving me at least ISO 800 performance when I set the ISO two stops higher than that, and even better when you resize the D7100 image down to the D300 size.

You may want to watch Scott Kelby's Youtube report where he was equally impressed with the low noise at higher ISOs at this price-point.

Enough of a difference for me that I think I'll be sticking with it instead of dropping another $400 to $500 to go to the D600.

Okay, I was hoping that you still had the d300, but that's life.

I just saw Kelby's video.  It's obvious that he likes the d7100, but the comparison photos from the d4 vs d7100 tell a lot.  In the end, I don't doubt his conclusion, that the d7100 is the best DX camera yet.  That's very cool.  From what I've seen so far, it's quite an impressive camera.  It sounds like it is exactly what I had hoped my d7k would be.

I checked with lensrentals.com and they have the d7100 available for a 5 day rental at $93.  I have to ponder that a while, but I might rent one and see how it really stacks up against my d300 and d7000, to satisfy my curiosity.  But, that might be bad news for my budget, making me want to buy the new camera.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow