Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
math guy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,307Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to Jake64, Mar 18, 2013

The reason I bought into Pentax in the first place was comparing its entry-level body (K-x at that time) with those from Canon, Nikon, and Sony, I liked the in-body stabilization (also available on Sony), the customizability, and the ability to use legacy lenses.

The reason I have stayed with Pentax is simple: the DA 70 Ltd and DA 21 Ltd lenses. To be honest, I would probably like Nikon's flash system better. And if I were willing to upgrade to a better body, I imagine Nikon's AF system would be a little faster. But I just can't imagine giving up those two lenses. I'm sure Nikon has some great ones as well, but I don't think any other brand has anything like the limiteds -- fantastic IQ packed into pocketable lenses.

I could easily see myself adding a Nikon body to do some for-pay kids sports shooting. But for hiking/family/vacation shooting, I love my Pentax limiteds!

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.
"90% of the people in this world are fools, and the rest of us are in great danger of contamination." ~ Horace Vandergelder
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/josephschmitt

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Pentax K-x Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow